Welcome to Jerrys Bait & Tackle
This years (2009) schedule:
May 16, 2009
*Dates may change due to weather
conditions. Please call the day before tournament date.
--- Red Fish Tournament Rules ---
1. The Jerry's Bait and Tackle Red Fish Tournament is an open one day tournament.
2. Each team can consist of 2 to 4 anglers. One of the anglers must at least be eighteen (18) years of age.
3. The entry fee will be $50.00 per team per tournament. Anglers must register and pay at Jerry's Bait and Tackle before the tournament.
Early Registration is allowed. All Information on registation sheet must be provided.
4. All boats that enter the tournament must comply with the U.S. Coast Guard safety regulations.
5. Boats shall leave the dock no earlier than 6:30 am. Anglers may launch their boats at any boat ramp between the Econfina river and Lanark Village. Channels are prohibited.
IS ALLOWED. Weigh-In's shall be at 3:30 p.m. at Jerry's Bait and Tackle. There shall be a five (5) minute grace period. Any angler not on the premises by 3:35 p.m. shall not be allowed to weigh fish.
6. Tournament Director reserves the right to inspect any vessel or auto for illegal fish at any time. Failure to allow for a search will disqualify team from that day's event. Further, that team shall be prohibited from attending or competing in any event held by Jerrys Bait & Tackle.
7. Each team will be allowed (2) Red Fish at weigh-in time. Each fish will be measured for legal lengh (18"-27")The fish will be measured with mouth closed and the tail pinched. Any illegal fish brought to the scales will be the responsibility of that team.
Team will be disqualified.The official tournament ruler will be used for an accuate mesurement , upon request a courtesy measurement is given, prior to the weigh-in procedure.
9. Any team which abandons the tournament prior to weigh-in time is required to check in with the tournament director. All emergency numbers on file will be called and if we do not succeed location of team, Coast Guard will be notified. A sea rescue shall be initiated. Any and all costs incurred resulting from any teams failure to check in is the responsibility of the boat's captain.
10. Each contestant is expected to conduct themselves in a proper, courteous and professional manner.
The tournament director reserves the right to require a polygraph exam to any team at any time. Failure to comply with the test further prohibit you from any Jerrys Bait & Tackle events. Both captain and crew will both be required to take the polygraph test. If team fails exam, team will pay for any and all costs associated with the polygraph exam and must forfeit any money or prizes the team has won . Failure to do so will result in a "condemnation money suit" as per civil law.
11. Anglers shall not accept any product at the tournament which is not sponsored by Jerry Bait & Tackle.
12. If team is disqualified for any of the above rules entry fee will be forfeited to the tournament.
13. The tournament director shall have final authority on all matters.
Contact John Morgan - tournament director: 421-3248 or 528-0250.